UPDATE - COVID-19
Dear skiers and snowboarders,
Mont Rigaud would like to remind you and reassure you that we continue to monitor closely for any updates by the government authorities regarding the situation with the COVID-19. Through the Association des stations de ski du Québec, we are in constant communication with the Public Health authorities. Once again, on Saturday March 14, 2020, ski resorts of Québec have been confirmed that they can continue to maintain their operations.
However, given the situation and the decrease of numbers of customers, Mont Rigaud will no longer be open for «night» skiing starting this Monday March 16, 2020. The new opening hours will be from 9:00am to 5:00pm until March 29, 2020 (April 4-5, 11-12 to be confirmed). Due to the change of opening hours, «evening» season passes will now be allowed during the day.
Even though operations are maintained, it is crucial for all ski resorts to adapt their activities and operations following guidelines and recommendations given by the authorities on COVID-19. One of these guidelines being to limit access to the chalet to less than 250 people at a time. Furthermore, Mont Rigaud has put in place a protocol to follow even more the given guidelines:
• Increase the frequency of cleaning of public spaces (door knobs, hand railings, tactile screens, etc.) using disinfectant products;
• Everybody is encouraged to follow recommended hygiene practices (coughing in elbow, disposing of used tissues, hand washing ) and to minimise physical contact (handshake and hugs);
• Encourage customers and employees to wash their hands as soon as they enter the chalet;
• Frequent reminders of the importance to wash hands regularly, especially before eating;
• Favor cashless methods of payments;
• Employees that are sick or are presenting symptoms of the virus must not come in to work and must advise their supervisor;
• Cafeteria remains open while eliminating all ?'self-serve'';
We ask all customers and employees to be vigilant, to apply recommended hygiene practices and to stay at home if you have symptoms of the virus. As an additional measure, we also ask all skiers and snowboarders to avoid getting on the chairlift with people who are not from your immediate entourage.
Thank you for you collaboration!